Foxchurch has been designed with an emphasis on public transport and sustainable travel; highways improvements will be delivered where necessary to reduce congestion.
Click here to open a PDF of the plan showing how the various access routes proposed throughout the development, and how these will link in with the wider area.Vehicles from the new sustainable community will enter and leave through new junctions on to Sheppey Way which will be traffic calmed, reducing traffic accidents and improving safety through the existing village of Bobbing.
The site already benefits from good connections to the A249, M2, M20 & M25. Improvements to other local junctions will be considered in discussion with Kent County Council and delivered as required.
To future-proof the sustainable community, the following are proposed:
• Fast quality bus service connecting Sittingbourne Town Centre and Railway Station to the site.
• Cycle route to Sittingbourne Town Centre.
• Permeability through the site with a series of linked footpaths & cycle paths.
• Electric car charging points throughout.
• Car club facilities.
• Covered cycle storage for all dwellings.
Next tile: the presentation from the events